Brand New Website of Government Polytechnic Soron launched on 21st March 2020. The website is developed by Cyberpassion which is a web development firm from Mathura.
Address: Government Polytechnic Soron
Kasganj – Bareily Road, Soron, Kasganj, Uttar Pradesh
Pin code: 207403
Location: Government Polytechnic Soron is Government institute located at Soron in Uttar Pradesh. The institute is located in Kasganj – Bareily Road, Soron, Kasganj. It Operates under the Parent Organization Dte/Govt. Polytechnic Soron. The Institute started its first course In 1991. Government Polytechnic Soron is open for both men and women. Government Polytechnic Soron is open for all sections of society. The Principal Of The Insititute is Mr G.N. Singh
Institute has one hostel having 60 beds.The hostel building is yellow in colour as shown below:
The college has multiple labs helping students to learn stuff in a practical manner.
This Polytechnic is rich in General Books, Learning Resources Centre (LRC), Reference Books besides books related to current syllabus of Uttar Pradesh Board of Technical Education, Lucknow. The seating capacity is being augmented to accommodate large number of students and make use of library facilities.
The Library at present has more than 5906 volumes of books. Books are issued to Student’s for a period of one month on production of valid college Identity Card. Library has two different halls viz. Books Section and Reading Room Section.
Rules of Library
- Working hours of the Library are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. in winters and 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. during summers.
- Every student shall be provided with the Identity Card.
- Sum of Rs.50/- will be charged for issue of duplicate Library Card (incase the original is lost)
- Students can withdraw 5 text books at a time for the period of 14 days and book can be re-issued for a further period of seven days, only if the same book is not in demand/ reserved by other student
- An over-due charges of 50 paisa will be levied per day per book for retaining the book by the student beyond due date.
- The student shall be responsible for all the books drawn by her. Book lost, defaced or injured in any way shall have to be replaced by the borrowing student. The student may satisfy the soundness of the book before issue.
- Students shall not be allowed to carry all personal belongings beyond the ‘Private belonging Rack’.
- The reader shall maintain silence in the Library premises.
- No reader is allowed to sleep in the Library. The default may be denied use of the Library.
- The reader/ students are liable for punishment and fine if they misbehave or damage the books/ property of the Library.
Mechanical Engineering Department in Government Polytechnic Soron offers 3 years Diploma programme in Mechanical Engineering (Production) to the students who have passed 10th standard. The Department provides an outstanding educational environment complemented by superior teaching for its students as required by the industries.
The course ensures to develop in each student: self-reliance, creativity, leadership, business and moral ethics and continuing education and motivation.The major areas of subjects include Fluid Mechanics & Machines, Thermodynamics, Strength of materials, Automobile Engg, Industrial Engg, Theory of Machines, Heat Power Engg, Machine Tools, etc.
Civil Engineering Environment and Pollution Control in Government Polytechnic Soron offers 3 years Diploma programme in Civil Engineering Environment and Pollution Control to the students who have passed 10th standard. The Department provides an outstanding educational environment complemented by superior teaching for its students as required by the industries.
The course ensures to develop in each student: self-reliance, creativity, leadership, business and moral ethics and continuing education and motivation.The study in this branch enable us to examine the impact of humans on environment through resource exploitation.